Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for April 11 (staging/olpc_dcon)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:52:00 -0700

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:50:49 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20110408:

olpc_dcon.c:(.text+0x11588b): undefined reference to `backlight_device_register'

Hmph.  I thought that adding
	depends on BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE
would be sufficient, but noooooo, that spews:

drivers/i2c/Kconfig:5:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/i2c/Kconfig:5:	symbol I2C is selected by FB_OLPC_DCON
drivers/staging/olpc_dcon/Kconfig:1:	symbol FB_OLPC_DCON depends on BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE
drivers/video/backlight/Kconfig:125:	symbol BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE is selected by PANEL_SHARP_LS037V7DW01
drivers/video/omap2/displays/Kconfig:18:	symbol PANEL_SHARP_LS037V7DW01 depends on OMAP2_DSS
drivers/video/omap2/dss/Kconfig:1:	symbol OMAP2_DSS is selected by VIDEO_OMAP2_VOUT
drivers/media/video/omap/Kconfig:1:	symbol VIDEO_OMAP2_VOUT depends on VIDEO_CAPTURE_DRIVERS
drivers/media/video/Kconfig:73:	symbol VIDEO_CAPTURE_DRIVERS depends on VIDEO_V4L2
drivers/media/video/Kconfig:5:	symbol VIDEO_V4L2 depends on VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON
drivers/media/Kconfig:51:	symbol VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON depends on I2C

Any other suggestions?

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***