Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:03:23 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_initiator.o: In function `vlan_untag':
iser_initiator.c:(.opd+0x0): multiple definition of `vlan_untag'
drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_verbs.o:iser_verbs.c:(.opd+0x0): first defined here
drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_initiator.o: In function `.vlan_untag':
iser_initiator.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `.vlan_untag'
drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_verbs.o:iser_verbs.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here

and on and on ... (lota and lots :-()

Probably caused by commit bcc6d4790361 ("net: vlan: make non-hw-accel rx
path similar to hw-accel") which added a "non-static" inline version of
vlan_untag() to include/linux/if_vlan.h.

I have used the net tree from next-20110412 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/