Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the usb tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:51:57 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 02:18:31PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> After merging the staging tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) produced these warnings:
> 
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhsp_pipectrl_set':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:81: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:81: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhsp_pipectrl_get':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:92: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:92: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhsp_pipe_select':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:180: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:180: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhsp_fifo_select':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:350: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:350: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhsp_setup_pipebuff':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:604: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:604: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c: In function 'usbhs_pipe_malloc':
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:775: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:775: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:775: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'long unsigned int'
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:795: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:795: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
> drivers/usb/renesas_usbhs/pipe.c:795: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
> 
> Introduced by commit f1407d5c6624 ("usb: renesas_usbhs: Add Renesas USBHS
> common code").

Yeah, the developer was told about this already and is working on it.

thanks,

greg k-h