Subject: Re: [PATCH] kbuild: Fix passing -Wno-* options to gcc 4.4+

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:44:40 +1000

HI Michal,

On Mon,  2 May 2011 14:13:01 +0200 Michal Marek <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Starting with 4.4, gcc will happily accept -Wno-<anything> in the
> cc-option test and complain later when compiling a file that has some
> other warning. This rather unexpected behavior is intentional as per
> http://gcc.gnu.org/PR28322, so work around it by testing for support of
> the opposite option (without the no-). Introduce a new Makefile function
> cc-disable-warning that does this and update two uses of cc-option in
> the toplevel Makefile.
> 
> Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Michal Marek <[email-masked]>

This fixed things for me, thanks.

Tested-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/