Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 4 (hyperv / vmbus)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:49:08 -0700

On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:47:59 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20110503:

when CONFIG_ACPI is not enabled:

drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:736: warning: 'struct acpi_device' declared inside parameter list
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:736: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c: In function 'vmbus_acpi_add':
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:741: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c: At top level:
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:758: error: variable 'vmbus_acpi_driver' has initializer but incomplete type
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:759: error: unknown field 'name' specified in initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:759: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:759: warning: (near initialization for 'vmbus_acpi_driver')
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:760: error: unknown field 'ids' specified in initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:760: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:760: warning: (near initialization for 'vmbus_acpi_driver')
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:761: error: unknown field 'ops' specified in initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:761: error: extra brace group at end of initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:761: error: (near initialization for 'vmbus_acpi_driver')
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:763: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:763: warning: (near initialization for 'vmbus_acpi_driver')
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c: In function 'vmbus_acpi_init':
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:771: error: implicit declaration of function 'acpi_bus_register_driver'
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c: In function 'vmbus_acpi_exit':
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c:780: error: implicit declaration of function 'acpi_bus_unregister_driver'
make[4]: *** [drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/hv] Error 2

vmbus_drv.c sure looks like it requires (depends on) both ACPI and PCI.
That should be expressed somewhere in its Kconfig file.

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***