Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:36:31 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in Makefile
between commit 28bc20dccadc ("kbuild: implement several W= levels") from
the kbuild tree and commit 85356f802225 ("kbuild/recordmcount: Add
RECORDMCOUNT_WARN to warn about mcount callers") from the tip tree.

Just context changes.  I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as
necessary.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]

diff --cc Makefile
index 107f7c1,a0344a8..0000000
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@@ -1287,11 -1267,8 +1287,12 @@@ help
  	@echo  '  make O=dir [targets] Locate all output files in "dir", including .config'
  	@echo  '  make C=1   [targets] Check all c source with $$CHECK (sparse by default)'
  	@echo  '  make C=2   [targets] Force check of all c source with $$CHECK'
 -	@echo  '  make W=1   [targets] Enable extra gcc checks'
 +	@echo  '  make W=n   [targets] Enable extra gcc checks, n=1,2,3 where'
 +	@echo  '		1: warnings which may be relevant and do not occur too often'
 +	@echo  '		2: warnings which occur quite often but may still be relevant'
 +	@echo  '		3: more obscure warnings, can most likely be ignored'
 +	@echo  '		Multiple levels can be combined with W=12 or W=123'
+ 	@echo  '  make RECORDMCOUNT_WARN=1 [targets] Warn about ignored mcount sections'
  	@echo  ''
  	@echo  'Execute "make" or "make all" to build all targets marked with [*] '
  	@echo  'For further info see the ./README file'