Subject: Re: linux-next: build warningiIn Linus' tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:23:44 +0200

* Brown, Len <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Alan convinced me that the community doesn't move that fast, and 
> that we should wallow in the swill for a while longer before 
> deleting. [...]

Yeah, it's much nicer this way.

> [...] Others volunteered to test the latest upstream kernel on APM 
> hardware, giving APM's presence in the upstream kernel a life line. 
> So all I did was add the recommended feature-removal's and warnings 
> for the stuff which obviously should go.  But if you see some of 
> your favorite bits on the chopping block, you have at least 6 
> months to make a case for them :-)

:-)

I only saw one of the runtime warnings on one of my testboxes - i 
adjusted the boot parameter setting (the parameter was bogus) and 
moved on. So life can go on as far as i'm involved :-)

Thanks,

	Ingo