Subject: Re: linux-next: build warninga in Linus' tree

From: David Sterba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 19:57:09 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:36:53AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> After merging the Linus' tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings:
> 
> fs/btrfs/sysfs.c:76:26: warning: 'btrfs_root_attrs' defined but not used
> fs/btrfs/sysfs.c:97:26: warning: 'btrfs_super_attrs' defined but not used
> fs/btrfs/sysfs.c:153:13: warning: 'btrfs_super_release' defined but not used
> fs/btrfs/sysfs.c:160:13: warning: 'btrfs_root_release' defined but not used
> 
> I have started using gcc v4.5.2 (instead of v4.4.4) if that makes a
> difference.

the warning probably started to show up after one of my cleanup patches,
removing unused functions (f2a97a9dbd86eb1ef956bdf20e05c507b32beb96).
The sysfs interface is not being used right now, but there's a unmerged
patchset which adds the interesting bits like info about available btrfs
filesystems and devices. I don't know what are the intentions regarding
sysfs.

david