Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (sparc-current tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:53:47 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (sparc64 defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:38:0:
arch/sparc/kernel/irq.h:40:58: error: 'SUN4M_NCPUS' undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/sparc/kernel/irq.h:55:14: error: conflicting types for 'irq_alloc'
arch/sparc/include/asm/irq_64.h:60:22: note: previous declaration of 'irq_alloc' was here
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pdev_to_pnode':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:452:34: error: 'struct linux_prom_pci_registers' has no member named 'which_io'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pci_time_init':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:738:2: error: 'do_arch_gettimeoffset' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:738:2: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pcic_nmi':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:790:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'flip_dword'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:798:22: error: 'struct pt_regs' has no member named 'pc'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:803:6: error: 'struct pt_regs' has no member named 'pc'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:803:17: error: 'struct pt_regs' has no member named 'npc'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:804:6: error: 'struct pt_regs' has no member named 'npc'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: At top level:
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:812:34: error: 'struct irq_data' declared inside parameter list
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:812:34: error: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pcic_mask_irq':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:816:28: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: At top level:
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:822:36: error: 'struct irq_data' declared inside parameter list
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pcic_unmask_irq':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:826:28: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: At top level:
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:832:45: error: 'struct irq_data' declared inside parameter list
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pcic_startup_irq':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:834:15: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:835:2: error: passing argument 1 of 'pcic_unmask_irq' from incompatible pointer type
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:822:13: note: expected 'struct irq_data *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_data *'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: At top level:
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:839:15: error: variable 'pcic_irq' has initializer but incomplete type
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:840:2: error: unknown field 'name' specified in initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:840:2: error: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:840:2: error: (near initialization for 'pcic_irq')
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:841:2: error: unknown field 'irq_startup' specified in initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:841:2: error: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:841:2: error: (near initialization for 'pcic_irq')
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:842:2: error: unknown field 'irq_mask' specified in initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:842:2: error: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:842:2: error: (near initialization for 'pcic_irq')
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:843:2: error: unknown field 'irq_unmask' specified in initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:843:2: error: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:843:2: error: (near initialization for 'pcic_irq')
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c: In function 'pcic_build_device_irq':
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:861:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_set_chip_and_handler_name'
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:862:32: error: 'handle_level_irq' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/sparc/kernel/pcic.c:863:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_set_chip_data'

Caused by commit cfe3af5dde34 ("sparc32: added CONFIG_PCIC_PCI Kconfig
setting") from the sparc-current tree.

I have reverted that commit (and the 2 following commits that depend on
it) for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/