Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging.current tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:11:27 -0700

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 11:41:30AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> After merging the staging.current tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/media/video/cx23885/cx23885-cards.c:28:28: fatal error: staging/altera.h: No such file or directory
> 
> Caused by commit 85ab9ee946da ("Staging: altera: move .h file to proper
> place").
> 
> I have used the staging.current tree from next-20110607 for today.

Ok, sorry about that.

Mauro, Igor, why would another driver need to reference a .h file of a
staging driver?  I'll patch it right now to point to the proper place
(down in the staging tree), but it would be good to resolve this
"properly" somehow.

Next time, please never include a staging driver that isn't
self-contained, and don't create include/staging/ that's not acceptable.

thanks,

greg k-h