Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (staging related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:27:45 +1000

Hi Greg,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc allyesconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/ampdu.c: In function 'wlc_ampdu_dotxstatus':
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/ampdu.c:840:17: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/ampdu.c:840:17: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/ampdu.c:848:8: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/ampdu.c:848:8: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c: In function 'wlc_bmac_update_slot_timing':
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:186:3: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u16 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:186:3: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u16 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:190:3: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u16 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:190:3: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u16 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c: In function 'wlc_setband_inact':
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:234:2: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:234:2: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c: In function 'wlc_dpc':
drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmsmac/bmac.c:311:6: error: invalid operands to binary ^ (have 'volatile u32 *' and 'int')

(and lots more)

Also in several other files in drivers/staging/brcm80211/

Also:

drivers/staging/comedi/drivers.c: In function 'comedi_buf_alloc':
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers.c:505:37: error: 'PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE' undeclared (first use in this function)
In file included from drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/addi_apci_035.c:7:0:
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/addi-data/addi_common.c: In function 'i_ADDI_Attach':
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/addi-data/addi_common.c:2765:7: error: implicit declaration of function 'virt_to_bus'

(Also several other occurrences of that one)

I left this build broken, but these should be fixed if you are going to
remove STAGING_EXCLUDE_BUILD.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/