Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-lpae tree with the arm tree

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:43:27 +0100

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 01:52:55AM +0100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-lpae tree got a conflict in
> arch/arm/mm/context.c between commit 07989b7ad63a ("Revert "ARM: 6943/1:
> mm: use TTBR1 instead of reserved context ID"") from the arm tree and
> commit 21fa7e3ea279 ("ARM: LPAE: Add context switching support") from the
> arm-lpae tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (I think - see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.

Thanks for this. I replaced the conflicting commit (21fa7e4e ARM: LPAE:
Add context switching support) with an older version (prior to patch
6943/1 that Russell reverted). The cpu_set_reserved_ttbr0() is now
called cpu_set_asid() and does something different.

In my for-next branch I also included the patches that Russell pushed
via his tree to be able to solve the conflicts:

51b5dba Revert "ARM: 6943/1: mm: use TTBR1 instead of reserved context ID"
25194f6 Revert "ARM: 6944/1: mm: allow ASID 0 to be allocated to tasks"

and I removed from my branch:

b488121 ARM: mm: fix racy ASID rollover broadcast on SMP platforms

Hopefully there shouldn't be further conflicts in tomorrow's -next tree.

-- 
Catalin