Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:26:48 +1000

Hi Geert,

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:28:03 +0200 Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 06:56, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I assume that this is fallout from commit a6b7a407865a ("net: remove
> > interrupt.h inclusion from netdevice.h").
> 
> Ah, that's were the failures on m68k come from:
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/4222666/
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/4223000/

Yep.

> My first bisection between two successive versions of linux-next failed, but

Bisecting between successive linux-next versions is bound not to work.
Bisection really only works between a commit and one of ist ancestors.

> the second one between linus and linux-next just finished and points
> to that commit.

That is a much better bet.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/