Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (Linus' tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:38:09 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

mm/page_cgroup.c: In function 'page_cgroup_init':
mm/page_cgroup.c:309:13: error: 'pg_data_t' has no member named 'node_end_pfn'

Caused by commit 37573e8c7182 ("memcg: fix init_page_cgroup nid with
sparsemem").  On powerpc, node_end_pfn() is defined to be (NODE_DATA
(nid)->node_end_pfn) where NODE_DATA(nid) is (node_data[nid]) and
node_data is struct pglist_data *node_data[].  As far as I can see,
struct pglist_data has never had a member called node_end_pfn.

This commit introduces the only use of node_end_pfn() in the generic
kernel code.  Presumably the powerpc definition needs to be fixed (to
maybe something like the x86 version).  It looks like the sparc version
is broken as well.

I have left the powerpc allyesconfig build broken for today (as it is
also broken by other changes).
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/