Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (powerpc tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:36:59 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/tty/hvc/hvsi.c:701:12: error: conflicting types for 'hvsi_put_chars'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvsi.h:92:12: note: previous declaration of 'hvsi_put_chars' was here
drivers/tty/hvc/hvsi.c:736:12: error: conflicting types for 'hvsi_open'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvsi.h:86:12: note: previous declaration of 'hvsi_open' was here
drivers/tty/hvc/hvsi.c:802:13: error: conflicting types for 'hvsi_close'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvsi.h:87:13: note: previous declaration of 'hvsi_close' was here
drivers/tty/hvc/hvsi.c:1083:19: error: conflicting types for 'hvsi_init'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvsi.h:81:13: note: previous declaration of 'hvsi_init' was here

Caused by commit 17bdc6c0e979 ("powerpc/pseries: Move hvsi support into a
library").

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/