Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pci-current tree

From: Jesse Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:52:05 -0700

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:58:23 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
> 
> After merging the pci-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/built-in.o:(.toc1+0xb98): undefined reference to `pci_realloc'
> 
> Caused by commit 72007d2b4797 ("PCI: conditional resource-reallocation
> through kernel parameter pci=realloc").
> 
> I have used the pci-current tree from next-20110706 for today.

Oops, x86 bits used in common code.  I've pushed a fix that just moves
the variable into setup-bus.c rather than x86/pci/common.c.

Ram, did you see the microblaze patch I forwarded you?  It moves some
re-alloc control flags into common code; for -next it might be cleaner
to use them in a few places.  Any comments?

Thanks,
-- 
Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center