Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mfd tree

From: Uwe Kleine-König<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:16:38 +0200

Hello Stephen,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:55:23PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> After merging the mfd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
> failed like this:
> 
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_leds_prepare':
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:193:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:196:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:203:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:206:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:213:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:216:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:223:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:226:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:233:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:236:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:244:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:246:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:248:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:250:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:253:15: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:255:15: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_led_probe':
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:278:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:278:34: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:279:54: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:283:36: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:295:23: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:297:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:299:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:299:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:300:50: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:305:31: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:307:13: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:312:27: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:313:31: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:314:42: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:317:24: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:329:43: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_led_remove':
> drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:359:23: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> 
> Presumably caused by commit 747c98a3660d ("leds: Convert mc13783 driver
> to mc13xxx MFD").
> 
> I have used the mfd tree from next-20110915 for today.
I'd look into the issue, but I don't have 747c98a3660d and I don't know
where to get it from. IMHO it would be great if you could push your next
tree somewhere.

Best regards
Uwe

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |