Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mfd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:55:23 +1000

Hi Samuel,

After merging the mfd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_leds_prepare':
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:193:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:196:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:203:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:206:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:213:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:216:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:223:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:226:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:233:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:236:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:244:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:246:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:248:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:250:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:253:15: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:255:15: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_led_probe':
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:278:11: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:278:34: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:279:54: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:283:36: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:295:23: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:297:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:299:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:299:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:300:50: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:305:31: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:307:13: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:312:27: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:313:31: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:314:42: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:317:24: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:329:43: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c: In function 'mc13783_led_remove':
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:359:23: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Presumably caused by commit 747c98a3660d ("leds: Convert mc13783 driver
to mc13xxx MFD").

I have used the mfd tree from next-20110915 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]