Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:18:47 +1000

Hi Jens,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (i386 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:95: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_ulong_t'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c: In function 'exec_drive_taskfile':
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1631: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1632: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1633: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1658: error: 'compat_long_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1658: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1658: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1708: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1729: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1871: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1872: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'

Caused by commit 49fdf3a7c4cf ("block: Add driver for Micron RealSSD pcie
flash cards").  Sorry I didn't spot it earlier ...

This driver assumes CONFIG_COMPAT is set.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/