Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the moduleh tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:18:35 +1000

Hi Paul,

After merging the moduleh tree, today's linux-next build (powerepc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/base/power/qos.c:256:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:256:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:256:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:301:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:301:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:301:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:342:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:342:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:342:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:369:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:369:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:369:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:397:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:397:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:397:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:412:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:412:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:412:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/base/power/qos.c:427:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/base/power/qos.c:427:1: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL'
drivers/base/power/qos.c:427:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration

Caused by commits 91ff4cb803df ("PM QoS: Implement per-device PM QoS
constraints") and b66213cdb002 ("PM QoS: Add global notification
mechanism for device constraints") from the pm tree interacting with the
module.h split up.

I added the following merge fixup patch.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:15:52 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] PM QoS: include export.h in qos.c for EXPORT_SYMBOL

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/base/power/qos.c |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/base/power/qos.c b/drivers/base/power/qos.c
index f9215e8..7f78682 100644
--- a/drivers/base/power/qos.c
+++ b/drivers/base/power/qos.c
@@ -39,6 +39,7 @@
 #include <linux/slab.h>
 #include <linux/device.h>
 #include <linux/mutex.h>
+#include <linux/export.h>

 static DEFINE_MUTEX(dev_pm_qos_mtx);
-- 
1.7.6.3

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/