Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:25:28 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

net/rds/ib_rdma.c: In function 'rds_ib_reuse_fmr':
net/rds/ib_rdma.c:272:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'llist_del_first' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
net/rds/ib_rdma.c:272:6: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
net/rds/ib_rdma.c: In function 'rds_ib_flush_mr_pool':
net/rds/ib_rdma.c:671:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'llist_add_batch' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit 1230db8e1543 ("llist: Make some llist functions inline")
interacting with commit 1bc144b62524 ("net, rds, Replace xlist in
net/rds/xlist.h with llist") from the net tree.  The former commit
removes the declarations of llist_del_first() and llist_add_batch() with
no explanation (and probably by accident since the definitions still
exist).

I have added the following patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:16:29 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] llist: add back llist_add_batch and llist_del_first

Commit 1230db8e1543 ("llist: Make some llist functions inline") appears
to have deleted the definitions by accident.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 include/linux/llist.h |    6 ++++++
 1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/include/linux/llist.h b/include/linux/llist.h
index 837fb4a..7287734 100644
--- a/include/linux/llist.h
+++ b/include/linux/llist.h
@@ -178,4 +178,10 @@ static inline struct llist_node *llist_del_all(struct llist_head *head)
 {
 	return xchg(&head->first, NULL);
 }
+
+extern bool llist_add_batch(struct llist_node *new_first,
+			    struct llist_node *new_last,
+			    struct llist_head *head);
+extern struct llist_node *llist_del_first(struct llist_head *head);
+
 #endif /* LLIST_H */
-- 
1.7.6.3

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/