Subject: Re: New Char/Misc tree to be added to linux-next

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:01:02 -0800

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:59:39PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:14:19 -0800 Greg KH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Arnd and I are going to maintain the drivers/char/* and drivers/misc/*
> > directories with the goal of getting them under control, or at least a
> > false-sense of control :)
> > 
> > So could you please add my new git tree:
> > 	git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc.git
> > 
> > which contains the two branches, "char-misc-linus" to hold patches to
> > send to Linus for this merge window, and "char-misc-next" to hold
> > patches for the next merge window.
> 
> OK, I will add this tree tomorrow with you and Arnd as contacts.  [Aside:
> did you consider naming the branches merely "fixes" (or something) and
> "next"?]

I was using the same branch naming that I used for my other trees.  If
that's unwieldy, I can easily change them, just let me know, but I would
like to be consistant across all of my trees for the sake of my muscle
memory, and my helper-scripts.

thanks,

greg k-h