Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-lpae tree with the arm tree

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:47:38 +0000

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 01:03:58AM +0000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-lpae tree got a conflict in
> arch/arm/mm/ioremap.c between commit 3afb51f744b6 ("ARM: add generic
> ioremap optimization by reusing static mappings") from the arm tree and
> commit ec93d80c4b07 ("ARM: LPAE: Page table maintenance for the 3-level
> format") from the arm-lpae tree.
> 
> I guessed (probably incorrectly) about the fix up (see below).  Please
> supply a better fix if necessary.

Thanks for pointing out. I'll have a look at the conflict and let you
know.

> More generally, is the LPAE stuff going to be merged soon?  

Hopefully I get it merged during the upcoming merging window (for
3.3-rc1) but it does not depend only on me.

> The above
> arm-lpae commit dates from February (though it was recommitted on Nov
> 15) ...

Maybe I should do a 'git rebase --ignore-date', it doesn't make much
sense for a reworked patch to still keep the original author date.

-- 
Catalin