Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the at91 tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Jamie Iles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:56:03 +0000

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:16:11PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the at91 tree got conflicts in
> arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cap9adk.c, arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cpu9krea.c,
> arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cpuat91.c,
> arch/arm/mach-at91/board-snapper9260.c and
> arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/board.h between commit 84e0cdb0a262
> ("macb: unify at91 and avr32 platform data") from the arm-soc tree and
> commit 1509f4847dd1 ("at91/boards: use -EINVAL for invalid gpio") from
> the at91 tree.
> 
> I fixed them up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.
> 
> However, it looks to me that struct macb_platform_data (in
> include/linux/platform_data/macb.h) will need its phy_irq_pin members
> changed to int as well (which may have other consequences).

That looks correct to me.  I've just posted a patch to convert 
phy_irq_pin to an int and from inspection that shouldn't break anything 
by itself.

The macb driver doesn't currently use the phy_irq_pin member, but the 
at91_ether driver does and that compares to 0 for no IRQ so the 
assignment of -EINVAL _could_.

Jamie