Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:08:11 +0000

> Which I assumed was aimed at Dave.  Then Jesse (whose changes broke the
> code in staging) responded with a patch which I assumed that Dave would
> do something with.  Then the next day you responded with:

Dave did include Jesse's patch to gma500 in his DRM branch - that wasn't
complete but I assumed it was which confused me. Fixes just went to Dave. 

> > If the staging gma500 is causing this still please resolve it by marking
> > the GMA500 in staging "&& BROKEN" for the moment.
> 
> And maybe I should have done something then.  I fall back on the excuse
> that I have about 200 trees to merge every day and when I use to fix
> things for people I used to have lots of 12-16 hour days ...

Fair enough - can't argue with that.

> In the future, I will try to remember to "kill staging first", but this
> is the first time it has come up since staging started being built by an
> allmodconfig build (which it used not to be - and that change was not my
> choice)

Ok.

Alan