Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:13:53 +1100

Hi Alan,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:30:56 +0000 Alan Cox <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:53:17 +1100
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:34:19 +0000 Dave Airlie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just pushed jbarnes patch into my tree for now, at pushed out the
> > > mainline gma500 code with it.
> > 
> > And it is a mess (see my linux-next reports).
> 
> Well its very hard to sort stuff out when you are juggling a cross tree
> set of dependancies and someone pointlessly stops one of them being
> visible in next for ten days.

The mess in the drm tree has nothing to do with the staging tree.  It has
happened because the merge of your gms500 changes into the drm tree
interacted with other changes in that tree and the interactions were not
fixed in that tree.

You did read my error report from today, didn't you?  The build failure
was in drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/psb_drv.c.  The warnings indicating other
unfixed interactions were in drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/framebuffer.c.

As far as I can see, building the gma500 driver in the drm tree (on its
own) will fail.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/