Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Dec 16 (usb/gadget/langwell)

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:26:25 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:35:06AM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:15:44AM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> > On 12/15/2011 10:00 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > 
> > > Changes since 20111215:
> > 
> > 
> > (not new today; I saw this last week but apparently did not
> > get around to reporting it)
> > 
> > 
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'handle_setup_packet':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2321:19: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'otg'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2322:15: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'handle_usb_reset':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2757:16: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'otg'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2758:12: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'handle_bus_suspend':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2774:15: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'otg'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2775:16: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2776:13: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2779:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'langwell_update_transceiver'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2783:12: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2785:17: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2786:13: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'handle_bus_resume':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2827:15: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'otg'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:2828:12: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'hsm'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'langwell_udc_probe':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3119:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'otg_to_langwell'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3119:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3120:18: error: 'struct langwell_otg' has no member named 'regs'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'init':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3529:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'langwell_register_peripheral'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c: In function 'cleanup':
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3540:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'langwell_unregister_peripheral'
> > drivers/usb/gadget/langwell_udc.c:3540:2: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
> 
> aparently this has never been compiled with CONFIG_USB_LANGWELL_OTG
> before.
> 
> Xiaochen, please fix that ASAP. Now that I look at it, that driver
> should have been on staging. It's pretty messed up. Isn't it one of
> those devices which is based on ChipIdea's core ? I wonder when that
> consolidation work will get done.
> 
> I expect to see this fixed still on 3.2 series. Also needs a backport to
> fix older stable kernels. v2.6.31 is the first kernel with that driver
> available.
> 
> Thanks for the report Randy

Xiaochen Shen <[email-masked]> doesn't exist anymore. Maybe
Alex and/or Heikki can take a look at it

-- 
balbi