Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (mfd tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:33:01 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mfd/twl-core.c: In function 'twl_probe':
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1212:22: error: 'TWL6030_IRQ_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1212:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1213:39: error: 'TWL6030_BASE_NR_IRQS' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1215:22: error: 'TWL4030_IRQ_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1216:39: error: 'TWL4030_BASE_NR_IRQS' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1218:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_domain_add_simple' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Caused by commit 4eea8b1d717d ("mfd: Add initial DT support for
twl4030/twl6030").  A missing include?  Or a CONFIG problem?

This build does not have CONFIG_IRQ_DOMAIN set.

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/