Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the s5p tree with the arm tree

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:07:02 +0000

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 01:18:30PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Kukjin,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the s5p tree got a conflict in
> arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/system-reset.h between commit
> 281c8724c10c ("ARM: restart: Temporary #error to persuade platform
> maintainers to take the restart changes seriously") from the arm tree and
> commit 08c6fc52956c ("ARM: restart: EXYNOS: use new restart hook") from
> the s5p tree.
> 
> The arm tree patch seems to have had the desired affect so I used the s5p
> tree version.

Err, what are the Samsung people playing at, merging the patches that
they've sent me for merging into their own tree?

This is a recipe for breakage, especially as the exynos patch depends
on previous patches in my tree _and_ patches in my tree depend on that
patch as well.

Well, we'll see what we end up with when you do the next linux-next,
as by then my public tree should be updated with yesterdays work by
then.

I've a feeling that this coming merge window is going to be a horrible
mess.

-- 
Russell King
 Linux kernel    2.6 ARM Linux   - http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/
 maintainer of: