Subject: Re: ARM context switch changes for -next

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:25:01 +0000

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 10:56:34PM +0000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:14:18 +0000 Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Could you please pull the branch below into -next? I'd like to give it a
> > few weeks of exposure before sending an official pull request to
> > Russell. One of the patches introduces a scheduler hook and Peter Z
> > agreed with it. You may get a conflict in -next since some scheduler
> > files have been renamed.
> 
> Do you expect this to be merged by Linus during the 3.3 merge window?  If
> so, it s a bit late (I expect Linus to do the 3.2 release any time).  If
> not, I would like not to add it to -next until after v3.3-rc1 is released
> so that it doesn't complicate things for the merge window.

These patches are aimed for 3.4, not the upcoming merging window.

I'll ping you again after 3.3-rc1.

Thanks.

-- 
Catalin