Subject: Re: [PATCH block/for-3.3/core] block: an exiting task should be allowed to create io_context

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:38:42 -0800

Hello, Hugh.

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:36:21AM -0800, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> I can vouch that it makes the list_debug.c:53 warnings go away: they
> used to come in half an hour, but I've run on two machines for 10
> hours so far without seeing any.

Yeah, my overnight test is pretty conclusive too.  I can usually hit
the bug under 30mins without the patch.

> And I've not yet seen a cfq-iosched.c:2585 with that patch in; but
> those were more elusive - we'll have to run until tomorrow night
> before concluding that it makes those go away too.
> 
> Or if you understand the connection between these, and would prefer
> to assume that it fixes them both, and want me to try another patch
> instead (I assume the one I'm running with is a workaround to narrow
> down the issue, rather than an intended fix?), let me know and I'll
> switch over.

Yeap, I can see the connections now and think I know where the bug is
too.  I'll, hopefully, be able to post fix soon.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun