Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the dma-mapping tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:40:00 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the dma-mapping tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c: In function 'vio_dma_iommu_alloc_coherent':
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:500:21: error: 'struct dma_map_ops' has no member named 'alloc_coherent'
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c: In function 'vio_dma_iommu_free_coherent':
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:514:15: error: 'struct dma_map_ops' has no member named 'free_coherent'
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c: At top level:
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:615:2: error: unknown field 'alloc_coherent' specified in initializer
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:615:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:615:2: error: (near initialization for 'vio_dma_mapping_ops.alloc') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:616:2: error: unknown field 'free_coherent' specified in initializer
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:616:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c:616:2: error: (near initialization for 'vio_dma_mapping_ops.free') [-Werror]

I have dropped the dma-mapping tree for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]