Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the battery tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:56:09 +1100

Hi Anton,

After merging the battery tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/power/ab8500_btemp.c: In function 'ab8500_btemp_batctrl_volt_to_res':
drivers/power/ab8500_btemp.c:142:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'is_ab8500_1p1_or_earlier' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_btemp.c: In function 'ab8500_btemp_templow_handler':
drivers/power/ab8500_btemp.c:619:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'is_ab8500_2p0_or_earlier' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c: In function 'ab8500_charger_ac_en':
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:1126:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'is_ab8500_1p1_or_earlier' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c: In function 'ab8500_charger_remove':
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:2519:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'usb_unregister_notifier' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:2520:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'usb_put_transceiver' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c: In function 'ab8500_charger_probe':
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:2688:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'usb_get_transceiver' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:2688:14: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/power/ab8500_charger.c:2695:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'usb_register_notifier' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Caused by commits 89449ac8d6d2 ("ab8500-charger: AB8500 charger driver")
and 20ac1aed6206 ("ab8500-btemp: AB8500 battery temperature driver").

I have used the battery tree form next-20120314 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]