Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the battery tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:44:14 +1100

Hi Anton,

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:11:32 +0400 Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I pulled my current battery tree into next-20120326, and I can't reproduce
> the issue (using allmodconfig on x86_64).

I have moved the battery tree to after the mfd tree in my merge sequence
so we will see if that helps.  I really hate having ordering dependencies
in linux-next (since they change over time and people have to remember to
tell me and to send stuff to Linus in the right order).  Also, it means
that you are not testing exactly what you are sending to me - I assume
that your testing must be including the mfd tree somehow.

These sort of things should be fixed by having the common code in a
separate (stable) branch that is merged into both trees.  Or in some
cases by merely cherry-picking a very small number of commits from one
tree to the other.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]