Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:09:10 +0100

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:30:50AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:

>  menuconfig SND_SOC_UX500
>         tristate "SoC Audio support for Ux500 platform"
>         depends on SND_SOC
> +       depends on MFD_DB8500_PRCMU
>         help
>                 Say Y if you want to enable ASoC-support for
>                 any of the Ux500 platforms (e.g. U8500).

I applied this (without your signoff as you didn't supply one so it'll
show up as my patch, I'm not sure if I'll have time to publish the
change later on today and want to get it into -next tomorrow).

> But it seems it has a wider dependency on some MOP500 board
> stuff being merged first, which is more of a problem I think, part
> of that is pending in the Ux500 tree.

If this has a dependency on a particular board the driver is badly
broken, this is the driver for the SoC I2S controller so it should work
with any board.

That said in terms of applying the change the arch/arm stuff shouldn't
be an issue - it was just registering devices and clocks.  The driver
won't load until the two trees are merged but that's not an issue, it's
not going to run anyway if we delay applying it.