Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 23 (uml)

From: Al Viro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 19:19:17 +0100

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 08:58:06AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 12:07 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > Changes since 20120522:
> 
> 
> 
> uml defconfig on x86_64:
> 
> arch/um/kernel/process.c: In function 'interrupt_end':
> arch/um/kernel/process.c:122:14: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'replacement_session_keyring'
> arch/um/kernel/process.c:123:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'key_replace_session_keyring'

Grr...  That's a conflict between uml gaining TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME (needed
prereq to task_work_add() series) and patch in said series doing away
with explicit calls of key_replace_session_keyring().  Fixup is to remove
those two lines in arch/um/process.c, same as done on other architectures
by "keys: kill the dummy key_replace_session_keyring()" (commit c1cb001).

Not an issue for mainline merge, since task_work_add patchset goes later,
but I think I'll have to cherry-pick that series into signal.git.  And
probably reorder it a bit, moving the calls into tracehook_notify_resume()
first, with "kill the dummy..." commit removing just that single call.