Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tty tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:45:29 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 01:45:06PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> After merging the tty tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c: In function 'set_sgflags':
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:741:9: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:742:9: error: request for member 'c_oflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:743:9: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:745:10: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:746:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:749:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:753:10: error: request for member 'c_oflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:756:10: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:757:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:759:15: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:760:10: error: request for member 'c_cc' in something not a structure or union
> drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:761:10: error: request for member 'c_cc' in something not a structure or union
> 
> Caused by commit adc8d746caa6 ("tty: move the termios object into the
> tty").  Did anyone build test this?  :-(

It builds here for me just fine, this is odd.

greg k-h