Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tty tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:45:52 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:10:53AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:45:06 +1000
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Hi Greg,
> > 
> > After merging the tty tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> > ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> > 
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c: In function 'set_sgflags':
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:741:9: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:742:9: error: request for member 'c_oflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:743:9: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:745:10: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:746:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:749:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:753:10: error: request for member 'c_oflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:756:10: error: request for member 'c_iflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:757:10: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:759:15: error: request for member 'c_lflag' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:760:10: error: request for member 'c_cc' in something not a structure or union
> > drivers/tty/tty_ioctl.c:761:10: error: request for member 'c_cc' in something not a structure or union
> > 
> > Caused by commit adc8d746caa6 ("tty: move the termios object into the
> > tty").  Did anyone build test this?  :-(
> 
> It's known not to build. I sent Greg some patches but he wants them
> versus a different tree.

"different tree" == my tree, so I can apply them :)

thanks,

greg k-h