Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:01:18 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
pmac32_defconfig) failed like this:

ERROR: "phy_disconnect" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_stop" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_ethtool_gset" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "mdiobus_unregister" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_start_aneg" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_print_status" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_start" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "mdiobus_free" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "mdiobus_register" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "genphy_resume" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_connect" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_mii_ioctl" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "phy_ethtool_sset" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "mdiobus_alloc_size" [drivers/net/usb/asix.ko] undefined!

Caused by commit 16626b0cc3d5 ("asix: Add a new driver for the AX88172A")
and reverting that commit fixes the build.

Thanks to Mikey for reporting this porblem.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]