Subject: linux-next: build failure in Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:15:35 +1000

Hi Linus,

After merging the origin tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'fs_path_free':
fs/btrfs/send.c:185:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'vfree' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'fs_path_ensure_buf':
fs/btrfs/send.c:215:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'vmalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c:215:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:225:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:233:13: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'iterate_dir_item':
fs/btrfs/send.c:900:10: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:909:11: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'btrfs_ioctl_send':
fs/btrfs/send.c:4463:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4469:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4475:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'vzalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4475:20: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4483:21: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]

Caused by commit 31db9f7c23fb ("Btrfs: introduce BTRFS_IOC_SEND for btrfs
send/receive").

P.S. Chris, can we please get the btrfs tree into linux-next?

I added this patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:11:13 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] Btrfs: using vrmzalloc and friends needs vmalloc.h

Fixes these build errors:

fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'fs_path_free':
fs/btrfs/send.c:185:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'vfree' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'fs_path_ensure_buf':
fs/btrfs/send.c:215:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'vmalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c:215:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:225:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:233:13: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'iterate_dir_item':
fs/btrfs/send.c:900:10: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:909:11: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c: In function 'btrfs_ioctl_send':
fs/btrfs/send.c:4463:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4469:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4475:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'vzalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4475:20: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
fs/btrfs/send.c:4483:21: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 fs/btrfs/send.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/fs/btrfs/send.c b/fs/btrfs/send.c
index c8ca49b..fb5ffe9 100644
--- a/fs/btrfs/send.c
+++ b/fs/btrfs/send.c
@@ -25,6 +25,7 @@
 #include <linux/posix_acl_xattr.h>
 #include <linux/radix-tree.h>
 #include <linux/crc32c.h>
+#include <linux/vmalloc.h>
 
 #include "send.h"
 #include "backref.h"
-- 
1.7.10.280.gaa39

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]