Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the nfs tree

From: Mel Gorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:33:36 +0100

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 02:24:41PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in
> net/sunrpc/xprtsock.c between commit 5cf02d09b50b ("nfs: skip commit in
> releasepage if we're freeing memory for fs-related reasons") from the nfs
> tree and commit "nfs: enable swap on NFS" from the akpm tree.
> 
> Just context changes?  I fixed it up (I think - see below) and can carry
> the fix as necessary.

Functionally it looks fine. As you say, it all looks like context
changes. Arguably code like this

current->flags &= ~PF_FSTRANS

could use tsk_restore_flags instead() even though it should never be
necessary as PF_FSTRANS would not be set on function entry. However,
it would set up a depedency between the patch sets that is undesirable.
If both sets get merged then it might make sense as a cleanup to use
tsk_restore_flags() but not until then.

Thanks Stephen.

-- 
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs