Subject: Re: [PATCH] mfd/regulator: tps65217: Move regulator plat data handling to regulator

From: Matthias Kaehlcke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:02:50 +0200

Hi AnilKumar,

El Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 01:35:55PM +0000 AnilKumar, Chimata ha dit:

> > also the tps65217_board structure should be renamed to something like
> > tps65217_regulators, now that it is specific to the regulator
> 
> Not required because tps65217_board might contain platform data for WLED/
> Battery charger driver if require. So the struct was named as tps65217_board

the patch moves the allocation of the structure to the regulator
driver, so either it should be a subdevice specific structure or a
chip specific one which is allocated in the mfd driver. otherwise the
regulator driver will allocate memory which is never used when struct
tps65217_board is extended for other subdevices. and the same would
happen in the other subdevice drivers if they choose to allocate their
own struct tps65217_board instead of a sub-structure with just the
fields needed by the specific driver

regards

-- 
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer
Amsterdam

    Yo soy como soy y tú eres como eres, construyamos un mundo donde yo
    pueda ser sin dejar de ser yo, donde tú puedas ser sin dejar de ser
    tú, y donde ni yo ni tú obliguemos al otro a ser como yo o como tú
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html