Subject: Re: inux-next: Tree for Aug 21 (usb_speed_string)

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:36:56 -0700

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:06:39AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 08/20/2012 11:04 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > Changes since 20120820:
> > 
> 
> 
> on x86_64:
> 
> ERROR: "usb_speed_string" [drivers/usb/core/usbcore.ko] undefined!
> 
> 
> CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT is not enabled
> (but many other USB drivers are enabled).
> 

Caused by

config IR_TTUSBIR

which selects USB but does not have the necessary dependency on USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD.

Introduced by commit 0938069fa08970f1c898970c1331a029efe9a1ce "[media] rc: Add
support for the TechnoTrend USB IR Receiver".

Fixing this exposes

ERROR: "usb_kill_urb" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_set_interface" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_free_coherent" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_submit_urb" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_clear_halt" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_ifnum_to_if" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_alloc_coherent" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_free_urb" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "usb_alloc_urb" [drivers/media/usb/gspca/gspca_main.ko] undefined!

which I think is due to CONFIG_USB_GSPCA=m, but I have no idea how that can be
enabled w/o USB support.

Guenter