Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:46:31 +1100

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:15:34 +0000 Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Honestly when I'm travelling with the automated build testing Fenguang
> and friends are doing it's actually faster to just push things up rather
> than doing testing of branches like this locally, their build farm
> usually kicks in very close to the time it takes me to do a single fresh
> build.

Then you need to have a different branch being tested by Fenguang and
friends to what you have in linux-next.   The stuff that you put into
linux-next has to be at least build tested, so you should delay pushing
it up to your linux-next included branch until after that is done.

This case was particularly irritating because you were the developer of
the patch that was broken which indicates that you are not even testing
your own development work before pushing it out for others to work on top
of.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]