Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 13:29:07 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

mm/migrate.c: In function 'migrate_misplaced_transhuge_page':
mm/migrate.c:1738:2: error: incompatible type for argument 3 of 'update_mmu_cache_pmd'
arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable.h:792:20: note: expected 'struct pmd_t *' but argument is of type 'pmd_t'

Caused by commit b32967ff101a ("mm: numa: Add THP migration for the NUMA
working set scanning fault case") from Linus' tree interacting with
commit "x86: convert update_mmu_cache() and update_mmu_cache_pmd() to
functions".

This was previously reported as against the tip tree, but the fix patch
(which was applied to the tip tree) did not survive the rewrite that went
into Linus' tree.  Just a little annoyed :-(

I have applied this patch for today (Linus can you just apply this to
your tree, the patch in Andrew's tree just exposes this problem by
converting a macro into a static line function, but the argument in the
call added by Mel's patch is wrong anyway)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:50:57 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] mm,numa: fix update_mmu_cache_pmd call

Fixes this build error:

mm/migrate.c: In function 'migrate_misplaced_transhuge_page_put':
mm/migrate.c:1666:2: error: incompatible type for argument 3 of 'update_mmu_cache_pmd'
arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable.h:792:20: note: expected 'struct pmd_t *' but argument is of type 'pmd_t'

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 mm/migrate.c |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/mm/migrate.c b/mm/migrate.c
index 5be98e5..964a8c1 100644
--- a/mm/migrate.c
+++ b/mm/migrate.c
@@ -1663,7 +1663,7 @@ int migrate_misplaced_transhuge_page_put(struct mm_struct *mm,
 	page_add_new_anon_rmap(new_page, vma, haddr);
 
 	set_pmd_at(mm, haddr, pmd, entry);
-	update_mmu_cache_pmd(vma, address, entry);
+	update_mmu_cache_pmd(vma, address, &entry);
 	page_remove_rmap(page);
 	/*
 	 * Finish the charge transaction under the page table lock to
-- 
1.7.10.280.gaa39

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]