Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:04:41 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:397:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:397:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[0]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:398:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:398:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[1]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:399:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:399:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[2]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:400:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:400:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[3]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:401:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:401:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[4]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:402:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:402:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[5]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:403:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:403:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[6]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:404:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:404:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[7]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:406:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:406:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[8]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:407:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:407:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[9]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:408:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:408:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[10]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:409:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:409:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[11]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:410:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:410:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[12]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:411:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:411:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[13]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:412:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:412:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[14]') [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:413:2: error: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
arch/powerpc/perf/power7-pmu.c:413:2: error: (near initialization for 'power7_events_attr[15]') [-Werror]

Caused by commit 1c53a270724d ("perf/POWER7: Make generic event
translations available in sysfs").

I have used the tip tree from 20130128 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]