Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:22:35 +1100

Hi Al,

After merging the vfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/powerpc/oprofile/../../../drivers/oprofile/timer_int.c:14:0:
include/linux/profile.h: In function 'create_prof_cpu_mask':
include/linux/profile.h:34:1: error: empty declaration [-Werror]
include/linux/profile.h:41:12: error: storage class specified for parameter 'prof_on'
include/linux/profile.h:41:12: error: section attribute not allowed for 'prof_on'
include/linux/profile.h:57:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
include/linux/profile.h:65:1: error: empty declaration [-Werror]
include/linux/profile.h:66:1: error: empty declaration [-Werror]
include/linux/profile.h:85:1: error: empty declaration [-Werror]

And many, many more.

Caused by commit 1f4fbcb8700c ("create_proc_cpu_mask() doesn't need an
argument...").  Please build test this stuff *before* publishing it.  :-(

I have used the vfs tree from next-20130328 again fro today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]