Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the wireless-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:04:02 +1100

Hi John,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:00:43 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> After merging the wireless-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) produced this warning:
> 
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
> 
> I have no idea what caused that.

Though I suspect commit 8b138d4898a0 ("rtlwifi: rtl8188ee: Enable build
of new driver") - I wonder if the gap between the "-I" and
"drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi" added to ccflags-y is the cause?

I am using gcc 4.6.3 if that matters.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]