Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Apr 26

From: "Yann E. MORIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:18:57 +0200

Michal, All,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 08:54:37AM +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
> That (silent)oldconfig with stdin redirection throws an error if it
> encounters a new option is expected and correct. The bug here is that
> _normal_ oldconfig run apparently does not set all the options. I.e.
> 
> $ yes "" | make oldconfig; make silentoldconfig </dev/null
> 
> should always pass.

Ah, OK, now I got it. Thank you for the explanations.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

-- 
.-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------------.
|  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +33 662 376 056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
'------------------------------^-------^------------------^--------------------'