Subject: Re: [PATCH -next] ia64, metag: Do not export min_low_pfn in arch-specific code

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:57:17 +0200

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:24:35AM +0100, James Hogan wrote:

> On 27 April 2013 19:20, Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > As of commit 787dcbe6984b3638e94f60d807dcb51bb8a07211 ("MIPS: Export
> > symbols used by KVM/MIPS module"), min_low_pfn is already exported by
> > the generic mm/bootmem.c, causing:
> >
> > WARNING: vmlinux: 'min_low_pfn' exported twice. Previous export was in vmlinux
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
> 
> This has been pointed out several times and needs fixing in the mips
> tree where the warning was introduced.

I've changed the MIPS code to no longer require the export of min_low_pfn
and dropped the export of that particular file.  I still see that IA-64
and metag export min_low_pfn so maybe it should be exported from mm/
after all?

  Ralf